Becoming a creator is a new, coveted career path in the digital age. What frameworks guide how creators think about monetization, and which tools/platforms to use? In this module, you'll learn to answer these questions and analyze creator-focused companies through various frameworks, like effort vs. earnings, and passive vs. active income.
Understand the landscape of creator monetization options, creator psychology when it comes to monetization, and how startups can better enable creators to meet their financial goals.
- 1,000 True Fans? Try 100
- The Technium: 1,000 True Fans
- Joe Rogan Got Ripped Off supercast.com
- How Cameo Turned D-List Celebs Into a Monetization Machine
- Here's How Much Money Normal TikTok Users Make From the Creator Fund
- The most popular jobs for the rich, middle class, and poor (NPR)
- The creator economy needs a middle class (HBR)
- Spotify dreams of artists making a living (Rolling Stone)
- The Middle-Class Squeeze
- The next evolution of the Internet Newsletter: with Mario Gabriele of The Generalist
- Business Model Fit
- 6 Creator Business Model Q’s (5 Ws and H)
- Multi-SKU creators / portfolio of revenue
- Earnings vs. Effort
- Creator comp package
- Creator middle class
Practice applying your knowledge by completing this assignment, linked here
If you’d like to review your answers with others or with Li, check out our course NFTs to connect with the community.
© 2023 Li Jin